Things I am up to right now:
- Working at ScholarPack as a Senior Developer, working in Python
- I am on the Digital Lincoln organising committee and recently organised a (quite successful) Women in Tech lightning talk event.
- Recently bought a new house so many trips to Ikea and spending far too much money
- Living with wife and small menace of a toddler who is currently 2.5 and possibly smarter than me
- 3 cats. Would not recommend.
Things I am interested in:
- I read a lot about Agile, though I am not sure how I feel about a lot of it. It’s hard to distill my opinions down into one simple sentence, so if you desperately want to discuss it with me, please feel free to contact me (details below).
- I love reading about people’s mistakes, like (examples). I guess it has a kind of voyueristic appeal, seeing how people messed up so much more than I ever have (!) but it is also useful…! There’s the technical stuff, like you can actually learn how to do (or not to do) something, but I also find it very reassuring that even people who are super experienced and professional still break things in stupid ways. Helps squash that little mental imposter just a little bit.
- Oh yeh, imposter syndrome. I talk about this a lot in real life, though I try not to blog about it too much as this is supposed to be my happy place. I suffer from this in a serious way, and I am trying many different things to make it go away. This website is one of them!
- I enjoy logic puzzles and am constantly trying to learn how to do cryptic crosswords, but I can’t and it pisses me off.
- I love Ancient Rome and the Cold War. I do not claim to be an expert on either thing because I have a memory like a sieve, but I will read any/everything I can on both subjects.